Wednesday, April 30, 2014

えいがの晩

一週間前に DBRTに ハーフのえいがを みに 行きました。よかった えいがです。The movie was about the life experiences of a group of people who live in japan and are called "hafu's," which refers to their eclectic ancestry (they are only partially Japanese). Before watching this movie, I never knew people of mixed hereditary had such trouble fitting into Japanese society. As an Indian, I certainly had to endure some teasing based on my heritage during my childhood in the US, but it was definitely not so harsh that I had trouble integrating. This was not the case for many of the character's in the movie, and I especially thought some of their stories were quite inspiring. I especially liked David's story, a half Ghanaian half Japanese man who ended up living in an orphanage in Japan after his parents split up. It was interesting seeing him come to terms with the pros and cons of both sides of his bloodline.

No comments:

Post a Comment